UCLA Center for Heterogeneous Integration and Performance Scaling (CHIPS) seeks a full-time postdoctoral scholar with experience in flexible electronics area to work on a fan-out wafer-level packaging based platform, namely FlexTrateTM (https://chips.ucla.edu/research/project/5). The successful candidate will be a hands-on engineer, and will be required to undertake BEOL fabrication and characterization in cleanroom environment. Candidates should have 3 or more years of experience in a cleanroom environment processing and good knowledge of photolithography, thin film deposition and etching, and electroplating. Candidates should preferably have experience in flip-chip bonding. This individual will also report on the findings, communicate within CHIPS consortium members.
Preferred background includes but not limited to Applied Physics, Material Science or Electrical Engineering.
● Knowledge of semiconductor technology and processing
● Three or more years of cleanroom processing experience
● The ability to function effectively in a team environment
● Excellent and effective written and verbal communication skills
● Experienced with new process design, development, and troubleshooting
● Able to carry out these tasks independently.
● Professional demeanor at all times, devoting work hours to job
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
All applications should be submitted via our online submission web site at https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2-5 letters of reference required
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information