Open date: September 25th, 2020
Next review date: Monday, Feb 1, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Wednesday, Mar 31, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The University of California, Los Angeles, School of Nursing seeks applications for a Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) advanced-practice nurse to fulfill teaching and administrative responsibilities. Candidates must meet the academic and scholarly credentials for the Adjunct faculty series (see https://www.apo.ucla.edu/policies-forms/the-call/professorial-series/adjunct-professor-series).
The position reports directly to the Director of the DNP Program. Rank and salary will be commensurate with background and experience.
Scholarly/creative productivity desired in publishing, research, evidence-based practice, leadership and academic administration.
The School of Nursing prepares nurses and scholars to lead and transform nursing care in a rapidly changing, diverse and complex healthcare environment through academic excellence, innovative research, superior clinical practice, strong community partnerships, and global initiatives. As part of the UCLA Center for Health Sciences, the School of Nursing is affiliated with the highly acclaimed Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and UCLA Santa Monica Hospital.
• Doctorate, (DNP preferred) in nursing from an accredited program
• Current licensure in California as Registered Nurses
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurse licensure and clinical experience at the APRN leve
• Graduate level teaching experience in an academic institution, in either face-to-face or online learning modalities, preferred
Program Leadership Qualifications
• Commitment to building the DNP program, nurturing a culture that is welcoming, inclusive and supportive
• Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and networking skills
• Demonstrated leadership experience to negotiate, creatively problem solve and interact in academic and clinical settings
• Evidence of innovation and creativity to curricular design and content implementation including classroom teaching and online presentation of content
• Report to the Director of the DNP Program
• Teach 75% time (18 units) and devote 25% time to administrative duties and/or scholarship
• Integrate the AACN DNP Essentials in course content and support development of course syllabi
• Facilitate development of online courses and content for the DNP
• Participate in admission screenings and interview processes
• Assist with quarterly student advisement and confer with faculty and students on matters related to student performance and remediation
• Participate with the Director and program administrator in the writing of accreditation and required UC and/or state and national (CCNE) approval reports for the DNP Program
• Promote an environment that encourages respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion. The School of Nursing welcomes and encourages diversity and seeks applications and nominations from individuals of diverse backgrounds, including race, ethnicity, and gender. Individuals with a history of mentoring students from under-represented groups and those with a commitment to supporting diversity and equal opportunity in education, research and creative activity are invited to apply.
The School of Nursing welcomes and encourages diversity and seeks applications and nominations from individuals of diverse backgrounds. Individuals with a history of mentoring students from under-represented groups and those with a commitment to supporting diversity and equal opportunity in education, research and creative activity are invited to apply.
Applicants should submit all materials at the official UCLA website at https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/apply/JPF05896. To assure full consideration, applications should be submitted by December 25, 2020 - Position to remain open until filled.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Curriculum Vitae
UCLA FACULTY - CURRICULUM VITAE TEMPLATE
[ ] RESEARCH AND SCHOLARLY ACTIVITY
[ ] PUBLICATIONS/CREATIVE ACTIVITY (Full citation for each published works or those accepted for publication alone). Categorize the publications by subheadings "Data-based" and "Non-data-based" OR identify the type of article by a symbol such as * to delineate data-based. Numbering the articles in chronological order would be helpful.
[ ] CURRENT AND PRIOR RESEARCH ACTIVITIES/ PROJECTS
[ ] Funded, intramural and extramural research grants, and contracts.
Please indicate the funding agency, grant or contract mechanism and identifier, total direct and most recent annual direct costs, award period, role on the project (e.g., Principal Investigator, Co-investigator)
[ ] Completed (funded) projects
[ ] Peer-reviewed extramural research grants and contracts
Please include information for each grant noted above.
[ ] Courses Taught (Year, number and course name. Please indicate your role in courses co-taught with other faculty members)
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement on Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion - An EDI Statement describes a faculty candidate’s past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion. To learn more about how UCLA thinks about contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion, please review our Sample Guidance for Candidates and related EDI Statement FAQ document.
Teaching material examples - Teaching material examples (such as PowerPoints of lectures, instructional materials, syllabi, etc.)
- 2-4 letters of reference required