Open date: November 17th, 2020
Last review date: Tuesday, Nov 17, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Monday, Feb 1, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
After nearly a century in operation, UCLA Extension ranks as the largest and most respected continuing education provider in the state of California. UCLA Extension serves an important outreach vehicle for its home campus, UCLA, and supports the dynamic and continually changing regional workforce in the Los Angeles area as well as the needs of international organizations and communities. Our mission is to provide knowledge and connections for people to achieve their personal and professional goals.
this course offers the curriculum to prepare construction tradespersons to take the Contractors State License Board (CSLB)® exam and become building contractors. The curriculum includes a complete coverage of the License Law—including ethics, contracts, labor, administrative law, business formation—as well as a complete review of construction Math with practice questions and test taking skills. This course will guide students through the requirements to apply for their Contractor’s License exam (A, B or C). In addition, the course instructor will guide participants through the application process.
• Develop and/or update course syllabus in consultation with the UCLA Extension Program Director as assigned using approved syllabus template
• Prepare and deliver course materials and learning assessments in assigned format (classroom; online or hybrid)
• Communicate Teaching Objectives and Specific Learning Outcomes to students and review the grading policies of the course
• Evaluate student achievement of Specific Learning Outcomes and assign grades
• Post final student grades to the transcript system in a timely manner no later than 2 weeks after the last date of course meeting
• Respond to student questions and learning needs in a timely manner
• Communicate with Program Director, Program Representatives and Online Course Managers in a timely manner
• Stay current regarding the professional body of knowledge in project management
• Complete required administrative tasks in a timely manner including: Initial one-time training of Canvas learning system; providing bio and photo for the UCLA Extension website; completing all hiring paperwork; submitting updated quarterly syllabus; signing quarterly contract; requesting required texts; communicating AV and classroom needs.
• Develop and maintain curriculum, syllabus, modules, learning practice questions, exams and grading.
• Employ culturally competent teaching methodologies in the classroom inclusive of both domestic and international student populations
• Respond to student inquiries about final grades and consult with Program Director as needed
• Licensed Contractor: California State License Board certification (A, B, or C) and 10 years of relevant industry experience in Construction Management.
• College-level or higher teaching experience preferred
• Experience designing curriculum and measuring student performance preferred
• Must be committed to the highest level of academic standards and integrity
• Highly effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to convey conceptual and complex ideas and information
• Highly effective interpersonal skills
• Proficiency in the use of instructional technology and online teaching tools
• Current participation in professional associations
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy”
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement on Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion - An EDI Statement describes a faculty candidate’s past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion. To learn more about how UCLA thinks about contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion, please review our Sample Guidance for Candidates and related EDI Statement FAQ document.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)