Open date: January 21st, 2021
Last review date: Monday, Mar 1, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Thursday, Apr 15, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The School of Nursing at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) seeks applicants for a part-time, Adjunct Faculty position. Qualified applicants will be doctorally prepared (PhD or DNP from an accredited university) advanced practice nurses certified as a Psych-Mental Health nurse practitioner (PMH – NP) to fulfill teaching responsibilities, especially clinical supervision in psychiatric mental health settings.
Candidates must meet the academic and scholarly credentials for the Adjunct faculty series. Rank and salary will be commensurate with background and experience. Clinical experiences, leadership and scholarship in psych mental health settings preferred.
The School of Nursing prepares nurses and scholars to lead and transform nursing care in a rapidly changing, diverse and complex healthcare environment through academic excellence, innovative research, superior clinical practice, strong community partnerships, and global initiatives. As part of the UCLA Center for Health Sciences, the School of Nursing is affiliated with the highly acclaimed Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and UCLA Santa Monica Hospital.
• Current licensure in California as Registered Nurse
• Eligible for National certification as a Psych Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMH – NP)
• Graduate level teaching experience in an academic institution, in either face-to-face or online learning modalities, preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and networking skills
• Commitment to promoting diversity and inclusivity in the workplace
• Teach 50% time (12 units) including online coursework in a post-mater’s certificate program for psych-mental health, and in mental health content in the prelicensure and the advanced practice program as needed
• Provide clinical supervision for advanced practice nurses who are obtaining a post-master’s certificate in psych-mental health as well as for prelicensure students in mental health settings as needed
• Help identify clinical placements in psych-mental health settings.
• Collaborate with other psych-mental health faculty as part of a multi-campus consortium
• Promote an environment that encourages respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion
The School of Nursing welcomes and encourages diversity and seeks applications and nominations from individuals of diverse backgrounds. Individuals with a history of mentoring students from under-represented groups and those with a commitment to supporting diversity and equal opportunity in education, research and creative activity are invited to apply.
Applicants should submit all materials at the official UCLA website at https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/apply/JPF06108. To assure full consideration, applications should be submitted by April 15, 2021 - Position to remain open until filled.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
Curriculum Vitae - UCLA FACULTY - CURRICULUM VITAE TEMPLATE
[ ] RESEARCH AND SCHOLARLY ACTIVITY
[ ] PUBLICATIONS/CREATIVE ACTIVITY (Full citation for each published works or those accepted for publication alone). Categorize the publications by subheadings "Data-based" and "Non-data-based" OR identify the type of article by a symbol such as * to delineate data-based. Numbering the articles in chronological order would be helpful.
[ ] CURRENT AND PRIOR RESEARCH ACTIVITIES/ PROJECTS
[ ] Funded, intramural and extramural research grants, and contracts.
Please indicate the funding agency, grant or contract mechanism and identifier, total direct and most recent annual direct costs, award period, role on the project (e.g., Principal Investigator, Co-investigator)
[ ] Completed (funded) projects
[ ] Peer-reviewed extramural research grants and contracts
Please include information for each grant noted above.
[ ] Courses Taught (Year, number and course name. Please indicate your role in courses co-taught with other faculty members)
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement on Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion - An EDI Statement describes a faculty candidate’s past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion. To learn more about how UCLA thinks about contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion, please review our Sample Guidance for Candidates and related EDI Statement FAQ document.
Publications and key article - 2-3 publications and one key article that representative of candidate’s research trajectory.
Teaching Evalution(s) and Teaching Material(s) - Teaching Evaluations and Teaching Material examples (such as PowerPoints of lectures, instructional materials, syllabi, etc.).
- 2-3 letters of reference required