Open date: February 2nd, 2021
Last review date: Friday, Feb 26, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Wednesday, Mar 31, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Besserer Lab at the Ahmanson Translational Theranostics Division, Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology at UCLA is looking for a talented and motivated post-doctoral Associate/Fellow.
The Besserer Lab’s research focuses on the identification and characterization of novel drug targets for the treatment of brain cancers and more specifically glioblastomas. We also aim at developing theranostics probes targeting cell surface proteins expressed by cancer cells and stromal cells for the detection and treatment of glioblastomas.
Full-time Post-Doctoral Associate/Fellow
Key Responsibilities include:
Projects involve evaluation of radiolabeled molecule for imaging and therapy, and mouse model development.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
• A Ph.D. degree in Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences, or a related discipline is required.
• Record of accomplishment including presentations at scientific conferences and peer-reviewed publications.
Preferred education experience and skills:
• Experience in one or more of the following areas is desired: molecular and cell biology; membrane protein biochemistry/pharmacology; preclinical models of cancer.
• Experience with rodent animal handling is strongly desired
• Experience with in vivo imaging is a plus
• Experience with cell culture sterile technique and flow cytometry would be an advantage
• Experience in basic and advanced molecular biology techniques (PCR, plasmid construction, CRISPR technology)
• Attitude to work with accuracy, precision, and reliability in performing technical and analytical activities
• Strong organizational abilities. Able to work independently and follow through on assignment. Able to organize and present results in an appropriate format.
• Team spirit and desire to share knowledge with other lab members/students is an absolute requirement.
The successful candidate will have access to state-of-the-art laboratory equipment and departmental core facilities for molecular imaging, as well as access to the great UCLA research community.
We value motivation and team member spirit more than prior experience in any particular field. Exceptional individuals who do not match these descriptions exactly will also be considered.
The successful candidate will be funded by discretionary funds and remuneration will be based on NIH's grants policy on salaries and wages and University of California’s determined pay scale for Post-Doctoral Associates.
Provide your Curriculum Vitae, a cover letter, and the name and contact information of 2-4 professional references.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement on Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion - An EDI Statement describes a faculty candidate’s past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion. To learn more about how UCLA thinks about contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion, please review our Sample Guidance for Candidates and related EDI Statement FAQ document.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2-4 required (contact information only)