Open February 3rd, 2021 through Friday, Mar 5, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
The UCLA Honors Program unit seeks a lecturer for Spring 2021 (AY 2020-21) to teach a lower division undergraduate lecture under Honors Collegium.
The Honors Collegium 86 course is designed for students in the College Honors program. Students examine phobias, including inquiry into how people are distressed by intense fear, examination of structures and processes of irrational fears, and discussion of courage and fear reduction strategies.
UCLA has a diverse student population in one of the more diverse cities in the nation; we particularly seek candidates who have taught similarly diverse students in a major research university.
• An earned doctorate from an accredited university
• College-level teaching experience
• Knowledge and training within the fields of psychology and related areas
• Experience in teaching writing and composition
• At least three years of college-level teaching experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be capable of delivering high-quality instruction to a diverse student body
• Cover letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Statement of teaching
• Names and contact information of two references
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/DiscHarassAffirmAction
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Teaching
- 2 required (contact information only)