Open date: February 10th, 2021
Last review date: Friday, Mar 26, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Apr 30, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Adjunct Faculty in APRN Level in Adult/Gerontology Acute Care or Pediatric Specialty
The School of Nursing at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) seeks applicants for two full-time Adjunct Faculty positions. Qualified applicants will be Doctorate (PhD or DNP) in nursing from an accredited program in advanced practice Registered Nurse licensure and clinical experience at the APRN level in Adult/Gerontology Acute Care or Pediatric Acute or Primary Care.
Candidates must meet the academic and scholarly credentials for the Adjunct faculty series. Rank and salary will be commensurate with background and experience. Clinical experiences, leadership and scholarship in APRN level in Adult/Gerontology Acute Care or Pediatric Acute or Primary Care.
The School of Nursing prepares nurses and scholars to lead and transform nursing care in a rapidly changing, diverse and complex healthcare environment through academic excellence, innovative research, superior clinical practice, strong community partnerships, and global initiatives. As part of the UCLA Center for Health Sciences, the School of Nursing is affiliated with the highly acclaimed Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center and UCLA Santa Monica Hospital.
• Doctorate (PhD or DNP) in nursing from an accredited program
• Current licensure in California as Registered Nurses
• Advanced Practice Registered Nurse licensure, National Certification, and clinical experience at the APRN level in Adult/Gerontology Acute Care or Pediatric Acute or Primary Care specialty
• Graduate level teaching experience in an academic institution, in either face-to-face or remote learning modalities, preferred
Program Leadership Qualifications:
• Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and networking skills
• Demonstrated leadership experience to negotiate, creatively problem solve and interact in academic and clinical settings
• Evidence of innovation and creativity to curricular design and content implementation including classroom teaching and online presentation of content
• Report to the APRN Program Director and Assistant Director
• Teach relevant theory and clinical courses in the Adult/Gerontology Acute or Pediatric Acute or Primary Care specialty
• Facilitate application of remote learning modalities for relevant courses and content as needed
• Assist with quarterly student advisement and confer with faculty and students on matters related to student performance and remediation
• Build and maintain a program of scholarly work related to applicant’s areas of scholarly focus, including publications and presentations
• Perform service to the School of Nursing and greater UCLA community, including participation in School of Nursing faculty and campus wide committees as needed, reading admission applications and comprehensive exams, advisement of students, etc.
• Participate with the Director/Assistant Director and program administrator in the writing of accreditation and required UC and/or state and national (CCNE) approval reports, as needed
• Promote an environment that encourages respect for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The School of Nursing welcomes and encourages diversity and seeks applications and nominations from individuals of diverse backgrounds. Individuals with a history of mentoring students from under-represented groups and those with a commitment to supporting diversity and equal opportunity in education, research and creative activity are invited to apply.
Applicants should submit all materials at the official UCLA website at https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/apply/JPF06177. To assure full consideration, applications should be submitted by April 1, 2021 - Position to remain open until filled.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy
Curriculum Vitae - UCLA FACULTY - CURRICULUM VITAE TEMPLATE
[ ] RESEARCH AND SCHOLARLY ACTIVITY
[ ] PUBLICATIONS/CREATIVE ACTIVITY (Full citation for each published works or those accepted for publication alone). Categorize the publications by subheadings "Data-based" and "Non-data-based" OR identify the type of article by a symbol such as * to delineate data-based. Numbering the articles in chronological order would be helpful.
[ ] CURRENT AND PRIOR RESEARCH ACTIVITIES/ PROJECTS
[ ] Funded, intramural and extramural research grants, and contracts.
Please indicate the funding agency, grant or contract mechanism and identifier, total direct and most recent annual direct costs, award period, role on the project (e.g., Principal Investigator, Co-investigator)
[ ] Completed (funded) projects
[ ] Peer-reviewed extramural research grants and contracts
Please include information for each grant noted above.
[ ] Courses Taught (Year, number and course name. Please indicate your role in courses co-taught with other faculty members)
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement on Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion - An EDI Statement describes a faculty candidate’s past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion. To learn more about how UCLA thinks about contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion, please review our Sample Guidance for Candidates and related EDI Statement FAQ document.
Publications and key article - 2-3 publications and one key article that representative of candidate’s research trajectory.
Teaching Evalution(s) and Teaching Material(s) - Teaching Evaluations and Teaching Material examples (such as PowerPoints of lectures, instructional materials, syllabi, etc.).
- 2-3 letters of reference required