Open date: March 25th, 2021
Next review date: Monday, Apr 26, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Monday, Apr 26, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The UCLA Kaiser Permanente Center for Health Equity in the Fielding School of Public Health & Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center recruiting an individual with doctoral-level training and research experience to join our dynamic and productive multidisciplinary research team. This individual will be engaged in a portfolio of health services and clinical research based in academic, community, and safety-net health system settings. Examples of research projects include intervention trials in federally qualified health centers to improve colorectal cancer prevention, informatics interventions to optimize population health, pragmatic implementation trials to improve uptake of preventive health services, and studies using large publicly available databases to evaluate national trends in health outcomes. The work in the center involves survey research, quantitative and qualitative methods, comparative effectiveness trials, program evaluation, implementation science, utilization of electronic health records and other administrative databases for research purposes, and secondary analyses.
The incumbent will have the opportunity to further his/her research and leadership capabilities by authoring scientific manuscripts and presentations, participating in the development of grant proposals, mentoring students and clinical trainees, participating in community engagement activities, and participating in the overall planning of new initiatives in our Center.
Primary responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate and facilitate the daily operations of research projects on campus and at community sites
• Plan and help to guide the implementation of the full range of research activities
• Manage the collection, organization, and presentation of research data
• Work closely with health system administrators to design, implement, monitor and evaluate interventions
• Work with a wide range of community organizations (e.g., clinics, churches, schools, non-profit agencies) to develop, implement and evaluate interventions
• Train and oversee project staff, students and clinical trainees
• Develop and maintain up-to-date study protocols and materials
• Prepare scientific reports, manuscripts, and presentations for academic and community audiences
• Participate in the development of research funding proposals
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement on Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion - An EDI Statement describes a faculty candidate’s past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion. To learn more about how UCLA thinks about contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion, please review our Sample Guidance for Candidates and related EDI Statement FAQ document.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 1-3 required (contact information only)