Open date: September 14th, 2021
Last review date: Tuesday, Sep 28, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Friday, Apr 29, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Division of Digestive Diseases in the Department of Medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA are seeking applications for a full-time Postdoctoral position in the laboratory of Dr. Elizabeth Videlock. The focus of the Videlock Lab is on the role of the gut in Parkinson’s Disease. The Videlock Lab works with mouse models, human tissue and cell and enteroid cultures.
Specific techniques used in the lab include:
• Molecular biology: gene knockdown and overexpression, qPCR, western blot
• Immunocytochemistry, immunohistochemistry, fluorescence and brightfield microscopy
• Measurement of intestinal permeability
• Assessment of mitochondrial phenotype
• Bioinformatic analysis of high-throughput transcriptomic data
• Mouse models: dissection of brain and gut, testing of motor and gastrointestinal phenotype, measurement of gene and protein expression, preparation of brain and gut tissue for immunohistochemistry, preparation of gut organoids
Responsibilities will include
• Running projects independently
• Supervision of undergraduate and medical students
• Maintaining and organizing lab inventory
• Management of mouse census and planning
• Maintenance of cell cultures
• Writing of papers and assistance with grant writing
The ideal candidate will have an interest in pursuing a project in this area and will be highly motivated to independently develop proficiency in experimental approaches and learn and implement new experimental techniques. While not required, an interest in the develop of script-based computational approaches to data analysis is preferred. A Ph.D., DVM, or M.D. is required.
A PhD, DVM or MD is required
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement on Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion - An EDI Statement describes a faculty candidate’s past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion. To learn more about how UCLA thinks about contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion, please review our Sample Guidance for Candidates and related EDI Statement FAQ document.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
Help contact: email@example.com
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. For new University of California employees, the applicable deadline is eight weeks after their first date of employment. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.)
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.