Open date: January 21st, 2022
Most recent review date: Friday, Apr 22, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Thursday, Jun 30, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Pietras and Marquez-Garban lab in the Division of Hematology-Oncology, Department of Medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA is seeking a Postdoctoral candidate to conduct the following:
• Develop research methods and perform research activities such as cell and molecular biology including cell proliferation, apoptosis and Western blot assays.
• Handling of mice models to study tumor biology and the microenvironment and drug development.
• Document research results and write reports of results for presentation and/or publication in professional journals.
• Assist in maintaining the functionality and operations of the Principal Investigator's laboratory.
• Work as part of a team. Follow all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal Investigator.
This is a 1 year appointment with the possibility to renew if funding is available. An MD or PhD is required, but no years or experience as postdoc is required.
An M.D. or Ph.D. is required.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching (Optional)
Statement on Contributions to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion - An EDI Statement describes a faculty candidate’s past, present, and future (planned) contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion. To learn more about how UCLA thinks about contributions to equity, diversity, and inclusion, please review our Sample Guidance for Candidates and related EDI Statement FAQ document.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
contact information only
Help contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Policy. All Covered Individuals under the policy must provide proof of Full Vaccination or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical Exemption, Disability, and/or Religious Objection) or Deferral (based on pregnancy) no later than the applicable deadline. New University of California employees must (a) provide proof of receiving at least one dose of a COVID-19 Vaccine no later than 14 calendar days after their first date of employment and provide proof of Full Vaccination no later than eight weeks after their first date of employment; or (b) if applicable, submit a request for Exception or Deferral no later than 14 calendar days after their first date of employment. (Capitalized terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.