The UCLA Extension Education Department seeks instructors for part time teaching positions in its teacher preparation and educator professional development programs. Most courses are delivered online; instructor training for using the online teaching platform is provided. Online instructors need not live in the Los Angeles area. Instructors must hold an advanced degree in an education-related field. Experience teaching adult learners is desired.
Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis as instructor openings become available. The Education Department anticipates future hiring for part time instructors with expertise in any of the subject areas listed below. Applicants should provide a resume and a cover letter that explains which of these subject areas the applicant is well qualified to teach.
Subject areas for part time instructor recruitment:
• Educational psychology and its applications in general education classrooms or special education settings
• Human lifespan development and its applications in general education classrooms or special education settings
• Educational assessment for K-12 general education teachers
• Assessment of special needs students
• Teaching special needs learners: characteristics, teaching methods, and laws
• English language development and methods for literacy development of English language learners in K-12 schools
• Instructional methods and curriculum for teaching subjects in the elementary grades
• Instructional methods and curriculum for teaching in any of these secondary subject areas: English, Social Science, Mathematics, Science, or Foreign Languages
• Instructional methods for teaching elementary reading and literacy (Preference for individuals with reading specialist certification or degree)
• Instructional methods for teaching secondary reading across the content areas (Preference for individuals with reading specialist certification or degree)
• Training support providers and coaches for the new teacher induction programs
• Test preparation for the CBEST exam (for prospective teachers): math or reading or writing skills sections
• Test preparation for the U.S. Constitution exam (for prospective teachers)
• Training teachers to teach online in K-12 and higher education settings: online course development, instructional design, assessment, and teaching tools
• Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language
• Higher Education Leadership Development
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.