A cross collaboration between Civil & Environmental Engineering, Public Affairs and Bioengineering Departments seeks to hire individuals to work on the following:
1) Research projects topics including: (i) carbon capture and utilization with special focus on aspects of mineralization, and catalysis (e.g., for converting carbon dioxide to valuable chemicals), (ii) capacitive deionization and other methods of selective extraction of valuable ions from aqueous and non-aqueous media, and/or, (iii) bio-materials.
2) Proposal development, management, and support functions as follows: The individual will take charge of proposal development, management and support functions and will be expected to develop an independent research track-record which includes aspects of: publishing peer-reviewed articles, mentoring and supervising students, etc.
3) Provide administrative and fund management in the capacity of Scientific Director.
4) Enable external and internal communications including outreach activities.
The individual should have a Ph.D. in (materials science, chemical, mechanical or bio- engineering or the physical sciences (chemistry) and 3+ years of relevant experience with the ability to work across disciplines including:
a) materials science, life-science or medicine
b) environmental protection, techno economic analysis, and materials science
Will be required to represent the Department in an articulate and professional manner.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Intent - Up to 3 pgs detailing: i) research expertise, and interests, and, ii) Track record in securing funding from federal or state agencies, or private industry, or from internal corporate accruals: in case of applicants with industrial experience
Statement of Competencies - Up to 3 pgs detailing: i) Research development, advancement and management, ii) Working in teams proximate and remote to each other, and, iii) project management
Writing Sample - Writing sample including but not restricted to: publications, grant proposals (DOE, NSF, NIH), business development materials, etc.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing past and/or potential contributions to diversity through research, teaching, and/or service. (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-8 references required (contact information only)