The Department of Neurology at the University of California, Los Angeles is seeking to fill an Associate Researcher position. The Associate Researcher will will supervise brain regional immunocytochemical and biochemical studies of a neurotoxic peptide derived from Acetylcholinesterase that has been implicated in Alzheimer Disease. Must have experience in human neuroanatomical dissection, quantitative immunocytochemistry, ex vivo functional assays and immunoassays. Prefer experience with human acetylcholinesterase and Alzheimer Disease. Applicant will perform some assays and oversee a technician working on the project.
The candidate will have a Ph.D. in Neuroscience and a minimum of 4 years’ of postdoctoral experience in Alzheimer's disease.The candidate will have a strong publication record in areas related to these topics in accordance with level of experience. The candidate will have demonstrated a capacity for applying for independent funding and for performing independent research. Rank and salary will be commensurate with expertise and prior experience.
Duties and Tasks:
• Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Collaborative, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Able to prioritize multiple projects with competing requirements.
• High level of experience in stem cell biology and neural repair.
• Ability to build mutually beneficial relationships with peers, collaborating faculty investigators, core facilities, laboratory equipment/reagent representatives, and institutional purchasing agents.
• Experience in molecular biology techniques.
• High level of experience in FACs isolation, RNA extraction and RNA Seq.
• Experience stablishing protocols for the derivation of human iPSC and their progeny.
• Experience studying brain connectivity using imaging methods
• High level of experience in:
conduct behavioral test in rodents.
develop different stroke model in rodents.
cell transplantation after stroke.
• Grant and manuscript writing skills.
Application procedure: Apply by submitting your application to our online RECRUIT system at https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/apply/JPF03533 along with CV and self-statement of research. Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: UC Nondiscrimination and Affirmative Action Policy. We want you to be aware that effective April 22, 2013, UCLA is a tobacco-free environment. For more information, please view the policy at: https://ccle.ucla.edu/course/view/UCLA_tobacco_free_task_force?sectionid=8710
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents